Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What you do not know because you are not me.

What you do not know because you are not me.

This month I am gonna write about something that I know that you do not know because you are not me. I have some special knowledge, really. I already read the rest of the newsletter when I wrote this. (He he).

It was Christine’s article of about buying groceries that made me thing of a different shopping experience. Not so planned.

On the Wednesday of the last week of June I dropped my kids off at school and then realized it was the day of the Third grade Picnic, I forgot to prepare a dish. Oh no. So I went to Key Food and bought 2 cans of Non-fat Vegetarian Refried Beans, 2 jars of my favorite salsa, 2 lbs of Non fat Sour Cream, 2 packages of Non-fat shredded cheese, a jar of sliced olives, a scallion, 2 bags of baked chips and a disposal aluminum pan.

I put the beans on the bottom of the tray, then salsa, and sour cream. Then I cut the green onions (with scissors, fast) and made a cross and put the olives in corners. It looked like a Union Jack. Then I got this back to PS 321 for the class picnic. I did this all between 8:40 and 9:30. Zoom, Done. Delivered. Easy.

Why, you may ask am I putting this in the newsletter? Because this is the same dish I brought to the PPTC Relay Race / Picnic. People who are not me asked me the recipe.

No comments: