Friday, April 15, 2011
Dear Prospect Park Track Club Board,
On behalf of the young student-athletes of the Prospect Park Youth Running Club, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for your gracious donation for $1000. This funding will enable our team to participate in additional events, this spring. As we initiate our first outdoor/spring season in PPYRC history, we continue to serve almost 100 children from our area. This year marked our 3rd cross country season, 2nd indoor season, and inaugural outdoor season. We continue to enjoy huge successes on the local, regional, and national level. Two weeks ago, 5 of our athletes competed in the 2011 USATF Indoor Youth Nationals in Chicago. All 5 medalled, and 10 year old Demian Lofsnes Scott won PPYRC's first National Championship, crossing the finish line first in the 1500m run. Our immediate success has drawn tremendous interest, and our budget constraints are always a concern. Once again, your generosity is greatly appreciated. We invite everyone at the PPTC to come out and support our youth on a sunny spring day. We have several upcomnig meets at Icahn Stadium and Redhook Park track. Our schedule can be found on our website at www.ppyrc.com. In addition, we will be encouraging our team to participate in the Dolan Run in June.
Prospect Park Youth Running Club
Posted by Michael Ring at 7:22 PM
Friday, April 8, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
There are simple thing you should know
1. It may be hard to believe, but summer is coming.
2. Al Goldstein will be there.
3. This event has been going on since before people had digital watches, but we have a big digital clock now.
4. Races are every other Wednesday starting May 25 then June 8th and 22nd, July 6th, 20th,August 3rd and August 17th (ALSO August 31!)
5. Registration starts at 6:30 pm at the Oriental Pavilion. (This is near where the ice-skating rink used to be) The race will start about 7:15. Prospect Park closed to cars at 7:00 but we want to make sure the road is clear.
6. Race starts after the Parks Dept closes the roadway of cars; $5: cash. No Tshirts.
7. You don’t have to be fast, but these races will help you find out how fast you
8. You don’t have to run to have fun. Volunteers needed Membership@pptc.org.
9. PPTC members who are in Coach Tony's speed training group race for free.
11. We have a place to stash your bag.
12. Awards will be given to those who finish the most races at the end of the
13. The B/Q Train is really close. Get off at Prospect Park and walk into the Park at Lincoln Rd.
14. We race rain or shine. Thunder and Lightning not so much. The decision to cancel will be made from the park at the start of the race. We don't cancel the race because of a forecast.
Tell your friends, but tell them not to tell their friends. We don’t want this too get to big.
The results of the May 25th race can be found here
The results of the June 8th race can be found here.
The results of the June 22nd race can be found here.
The results of the July 6th race can be found here.
The results of the July 20th race can be found here.
August 3rd was a fun run because of rain. (We have a new plan to make this work rain or shine, next time.)
The results of the August 17th race can be found here
The results of the August 31th race can be found here
Posted by Michael Ring at 10:30 AM