To encourage team racing, and support of Brooklyn races organized by local groups and organizations, we are continuing PPTC’s "Run Brooklyn" awards for 2011.
PPTC members racing 6 scored Brooklyn races will be entered in a raffle for a $100 cash prize at the end of the year.
Rules for qualification:
• To be eligible, runners must become PPTC members before July 1, and must race only for
PPTC in any races they enter.
• PPTC’s database will be the official source for tracking races. Each runner will be
responsible for entering their own races.
• Any Brooklyn based races that are officially scored will qualify.
• Only 1 NYRR race in Brooklyn will be counted even if you ran several
• The 6 races MUST include at least ONE race organized by PPTC.
• Only 1 speed series race (ie. Al Goldstein Summer Speed
Series, Fort Hamilton Speed Series, etc.) will be counted, no matter how many you ran.
Sample Brooklyn races (not an exhaustive list): Brooklyn Marathon, Music That Heals 5K, Liz Padilla 5K, Irish Fair 5K, Dan's Run 5K, Hoban 5 Miler, Coney Island 4 Miler, PPTC Turkey Trot, Coney Island Turkey Trot, NYRR Jingle Bell
There will be 5 winners selected at random at the awards gathering held in early 2012.