Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happiness Is. . .

Happiness Is. . .

Christine Boutross

A number of years ago, I came home from work exhausted, weary, with a big dark cloud over my head. I needed a change and I started talking about what I wanted to do with my life, what would bring me joy. The conversation that followed led me to hop on a train to Manhattan for an orientation at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. My life changed that night and I've never looked back. Today I want to share with you some words from Joshua Rosenthal, Founder of the The Institute for Integrative Nutrition

Yes, Happiness is contagious Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd

Lately, I've noticed a lot more research coming out about happiness. It's refreshing with so many headlines focused on what's not working in our world.
Just like whole foods feed our bodies, happiness feeds our soul. It gives us the energy to go out every day and live life the way it was meant to be lived-whatever that may be for each individual. Happiness gives us the motivation to take care of our bodies through exercise and proper nutrition so we can continue to be happy for longer.
The over-arching question is: What makes us happy? What makes us happy in our day-to-day lives may be different for each one of us, but studies show that "social relationships are the best predictor of human happiness," says Daniel Gilbert, author of Stumbling on Happiness.
According to this growing body of research these social relationships go beyond the people in your immediate circle. They might include people who are connected to your spouse, children, friends or coworkers as well. Results show that if friends of your friends are happy, you are more likely to be happy. Or in other words, happiness is contagious.
In the beginning of my career, I thought health and happiness was all about eating the perfect diet. I had this one client who ate all of her veggies, but was still unhappy. It wasn't until we started talking about her unhealthy relationships that I realized there was so much more to health.
I realized that a key ingredient in personal fulfillment is community. Having high-quality friendships adds depth and meaning to life. Friends who truly listen and care and are open to new ideas can be difficult to come by, but you can take steps to create a positive, supportive community in order to achieve ultimate happiness.
I encourage you to take a look within your own community of friends and reach out to people who add happiness to your life. It's a new year and a new you. Can you spread happiness?

Joshua is offering a free 14 days to a healthier you program that I really recommend you check out. Just go to this website: www.integrativenutrition.com to learn more or to sign up for his program. If you think the Institute for Integrative Nutrition is for you, please reach out to me. With a referral from a graduate you may qualify for some special registration discounts and perks! I would also be happy to share my experience with you if you want to learn a little more about the program before moving forward. I know it's a crazy world out there with a lot of uncertainties, but I assure you, the IIN community will help you make sure your needs are met and you'll have more support through them than you would ever imagine possible.

Christine Boutross is Personal Trainer and a Holistic Health Counselor. She is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.


Please visit Christine’s website:www.journeytohealthwellness.com

No comments: